The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health (JHSPH) offers the Master of Public Health (MPH) degree program India, in cooperation with the IIHMR University, Jaipur. The Master of Public Health is a two-year full-time program with a total number of 30 seats. Applications are invited for its 6thcohort starting from October 2018. The MPH Program has been receiving admission interests from India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Afghanistan and Myanmar. Students who have completed the program employed in national and international organizations located in India and overseas.
• A Bachelor’s degree.
• A minimum of 2 years of full-timehealth-related experience beyond the Bachelor’s/Master’s degree. (Work experience waived for Ph.D. and M.B.B.S graduates.)
• Prior college-level mathematics courses; biology course plus another health-related course.
• Demonstrated English proficiency through prior degree, TOEFL or IELTS.
• Demonstrated quantitative and verbal skills through GRE, MCAT, LSAT, or GMAT. (Applicants with degrees beyond the Bachelor’s may request a waiver of standardized test scores if they have other sources of quantitative abilities.)
Applicants seeking admission to the MPH program must go through a pre-screening process and need to be pre-approved by IIHMR University before they apply. Applicants who wish to apply for the MPH program should follow the steps given below:
STEP 1: Candidate should download a pre-screening questionnaire from www.mph.iihmr.edu.in and send the filled pre-screening questionnaire along with updated CV/resume for pre-approval to email@example.com by May 31, 2018.
STEP 2: A confirmation mail will be sent to each candidate after receipt of the materials in STEP 1. Then a pre-approval email for the application will be sent to the candidate by IIHMR University followed by another email from JHSPH with an invitation to complete the online MPH application through SOPHAS (Schools of Public Health Application System).To be considered for admission, the candidate has to submit the completed
application (fully submitted application along with the application fee of US $ 135) by July 01, 2018.
Application Requirements at SOPHAS (Schools of Public Health Application System)
• Curriculum Vitae/Resume (*will be uploaded with application).
• 2 Page Personal Statement (*will be uploaded with application).
• 3 Letters of Recommendation – Electronically through SOPHAS.
o SOPHAS cannot receive official letters through the postal service.
• Official TOEFL Scores – send to SOPHAS in Massachusetts use code 5688.
• Official GRE Scores – send to JHSPH at SOPHAS 3738 /or GMAT Scores should be sent to KGB-3R-06.
• Official Credential Evaluation of all Foreign Transcripts (all colleges/universities outside of the U.S. that attended) should be sent through World Education Services or WES. The CAS provider should be SOPHAS.
• To expedite the review of the application, please send unofficial copies of ALL university transcripts to JHSPH directly.
• Please visit the website (http://www.jhsph.edu/admissions/international-students/) for more information.