Azim Premji University announces admissions for Undergraduate Programmes 2023
Bengaluru, 15 November2022.
Azim Premji University, Bengaluru,has announced admissions to its new four-year Undergraduate programmes designed and structured in line with the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020.The programmes aim to prepare and nurture highly motivated, socially conscious and reflective young citizens capable of self-learning. The programmes consist of four integrated elements — a rigorous disciplinary major, an interdisciplinary component combined with an intensive internship focused on occupational readiness, a set of foundational courses designed to develop capacities to engage effectively with the world, and a whole series of flexible credits to permit wide exploration of interests.
Azim Premji University, Bhopal is set to be operational from the academic year July 2023, subject to relevant approvals, and will offer similar undergraduate programs and post graduate programs. Construction of phase 1 of the campus has been completed.
The Undergraduate programmes offered at the University in Bengaluru are:
- Four-year B.A.Honours in Economics / English / History / Philosophy / Social Science
- Four-year B.Sc.Honours in Biology / Chemistry / Mathematics / Physics / Environmental Science and Sustainability.
- Four-year B.Sc. B.Ed. in Biology / Chemistry / Mathematics / Physics
These programmes help students:
- Prepare to become active, self-directed learners with capacities for critical understanding and thinking.
- Engage with the challenging social realities in India.
- Develop the disciplinary understanding, in-depth, of a chosen major subject.
- Acquire interdisciplinary breadth and practical knowledge that provide occupational opportunities and employability in domains of interest.
- Explore a wide range of subjects and specializations.
Admission process and dates: The admission process will follow two steps: Round 1 and 2.
Students can apply online on the University website. Applicants will be selected based on a written test, following which personal interviewswill be conducted for the shortlisted students.
|Admission Timelines – Undergraduate Programmes , Bangalore|
|2023 Admission process||Round 1 Admission||Round 2 Admission|
|Last date to apply||24 November 2022||16 March 2023|
|National Entrance Test||24 December 2022||16 April 2023|
|Personal Interviews||January-February 2023||April-May 2023|
|Admission offers||February 2023||May 2023|
|Commencement of classes||End of July 2023||End of July 2023|
*Dates are tentative
The University is explicitly committed to building an inclusive and diverse student body. The University offers extensive need-based scholarships (full and partial), covering Tuition Fees, Accommodation expenses and Food charges.