The Bajaj Dominar has created history yet again by becomingthe first Indian motorcycle to successfully complete the Polar Odyssey – a ride from Arctic to Antarctic.
Spanning 99 days, the Dominar Polar Odyssey covered the length and breadth of North and South America commencing from Anchorage to Tuktoyaktuk in the Arctic Circle and then all the way down to the end of the world at Ushuaia in Argentina, and then further in to the Antarctic!
The entireDominar Polar Odyssey was completed without any breakdown, with no dedicated service support or back-up team across all kinds of terrain, climate and conditions.
The grueling journey covered 3 continents – North America, South America and the Antarctic, and 15 countries:
Canada, USA, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina.
- The riders and the machines tamed some of the
harshest weather conditions:
- Heavy snow, rains and slush and loose gravel across Alaska
- Snow blizzard at the top of Pikes Peak, Colorado
- Trails and off-road sections of Baja California, Mexico
- – 22 °C temperature in Antarctic, to +54 °C in Death Valley, USA – the hottest place on Earth
- Some of the most dangerous roads in
the world conquered by the Dominars:
- The James Dalton Highway – Arctic Circle, USA
- The Dempster Highway – Arctic Circle, Canada
- The Pan-American section of the Atacama Desert, Chile
- The Death Road of Bolivia
The Polar Odyssey was taken up by three passionate riders – Deepak Kamath, Avinash PS, and Deepak Gupta.
Deepak Kamath has been riding for over 30 years now and was the team
leaderof the Dominar Polar Odyssey. Avinash PS is a mechanical engineer by
profession and an avid motorcyclist and photographer. Deepak Gupta is an active
member of the Group of Delhi Super bikers (GODS).
Speaking on the occasion of the successful completion of the Dominar Polar Odyssey, Mr. Narayan Sundararaman, Vice President (Marketing – MC), Bajaj Auto Ltd, said, “The Dominar Polar Odyssey has been a man and machine partnership of epic proportions.Hats off to Deepak Kamath, Avinash PS and Deepak Gupta. The Dominar’s faultless performance over 99 days is a testament of its build quality and exceptional touring capabilities. Touring 51,000 KMs over some of the most unforgiving terrains and conditions on stock Dominars, without any major part change or a support crew, is an achievement that is truly outstanding”.