New Delhi, February 21, 2021.
Dineout, India’s largest dining out and restaurant tech platform, is set to expand its portfolio of live events with the acquisition of the country’s largest event & experience curator, SteppinOut. This will enable the brand to host multiple types of offline experiences ranging from food festivals, night markets, live comedy events, movie nights and more. This is also a step forward in Dineout’s vision of creating memorable experiences while expanding its overall value proposition to consumers across India. This is the 5th acquisition for Dineout after inResto, Torqus, Gourmet Passport and Binge Digital.
The synergies of these brands will enable Dineout to create a first of its kind experience for its users. With Dineout hosting thousands of restaurant partners, and SteppinOut hosting new and innovative events, the coming together of the platforms is an offering that no other brand in the country will be able to offer.
Speaking on the acquisition of SteppinOut, Mr. Ankit Mehrotra, CEO & Co-founder, Dineout, said, “After being stuck indoors for nearly one year, coming out of the pandemic, we are seeing trends of revenge consumption, with people looking to dine out more and also experience different types of events. At Dineout, we’re all about the finest experiences and curating offline events in India is the next best thing we’d like to offer. I am truly excited to have the SteppinOut team be a part of our family. Our goals and audiences are common, and together we will make going out as seamless and joyful for users and as profitable for our restaurant partners!”
Commenting on the association, Safdhar Adoor, Founder, SteppinOut said, “We wanted to make it big in the events space, and our partnership with Dineout makes our dream even bigger! We are excited to expand and leverage this partnership to make the experience of “going out” better for Indians as a whole! It gives SteppinOut to produce events at scale across the country with the infrastructure built by Dineout”
Together they are working on creating some IP’s in offline events across 20 cities in India. Some of these events in the pipeline are:
- Dineout SteppinOut Night Market – A one stop for all shopping and flea experience that boasts of a wide range of pop-up stalls for upcoming homegrown brands, city’s favourite restaurants, drinks from top brands, live music, curated masterclasses & much more!
Next up: Taj West End, Bangalore on 28th February, 2021
The Taj Krishna, Hyderabad on 06th March, 2021
- Dineout Live – A series of curated weekend nights for music enthusiasts. Live bands, electronic artists, and amazing offers on food & beverages, Dineout Live is all about taking gigs to the next level.
- Dineout SteppinOut Comedy Nights – We all could use a good laughter dose as normalcy resumes. Featuring some of India’s most loved stand-up comedians such as Gaurav Kapur, Rahul Dua, Nishant Suri, Akash Gupta and many more across India.
- Dineout SteppinOut Food Festivals – Brings together all foodies under the same roof to binge on curated menus and beverages from the city’s best restaurants & chefs.
- Dineout SteppinOut Movie Nights: Bringing back watching movies under the stars served with food and drinks in the most hygienic and social distancing way. India’s largest outdoor and experiential movie screening event featuring poolside movie screenings to even pet-friendly ones.
Through the acquisition, Dineout is another step closer to offline expansion, adding an omnichannel ecosystem in its bouquet to offer the best of both worlds to the consumers. The partnership also lays impetus to the partnership that the brands have over the last five years.