Eye Bank Society of Rajasthan Honours CMO of Sankara Eye Hospital

Jaipur, October 18, 2022.

Achievements should be commended and acknowledged especially when they area noble deed. Dr. Neeraj Shah,CMO and Surgeon for Cataract, Cornea and Refractive Error-Sankara Eye Hospital, Jaipur,has been honoured by the Eye Bank Society of Rajasthan for performing the highest number of Corneal Transplants surgeries (Keratoplasty) in Jaipurbetween January and July 2022.This is the highest number of surgeries performed by a single surgeon of a private hospital in the given span of time. The award was presented to Dr. Neeraj by Mr. Sudhansh Pant (IAS), Director General, HCMRIPA in the presence of. Mr. B L Sharma (IAS), President – Eye bank society of Rajasthan (EBSR)

A corneal transplant (Keratoplasty) is a surgical procedure to replace part of your cornea with corneal tissue from a donor. A cornea transplant can restore vision, reduce pain, and improve the appearance of a damaged or diseased cornea.

Upon receiving the award, Dr. Neeraj Shah,Chief Medical Officer, Sankara Eye Hospital, said, “To be honored and recognized by Eye Bank Society of Rajasthan is a great motivation to pursue my endeavor in providing besteye treatment to all patients. I am humbled by this recognition and to be part of Sankara Eye hospital’s enduring journey in giving world class eye care treatment to all patients irrespective of economic and social disparities. I urge more people to come forward to pledge and donate their eyes as this gives an opportunity for the visually impaired people to have the gift of vision.”

Sankara Eye Hospitals across India practice 80:20 model, wherein 80% of the beneficiaries are the rural poor who receive free eye care,while the rest 20% belonging to the affordable segment of society pay for their treatment, thus making the institution self-sustaining.