Neemrana, 31 August, 2022.
Further strengthening its commitment to Diversity & inclusion (D&I) and safety& security of women, Hero MotoCorp, the world’s largest manufacturer of motorcycles and scooters, today presented Hero Glamour motorcycles and Pleasure scooters to the Rajasthan police department.
As part of its ‘HamariPari’ initiatives under the Company’s flagship CSR program – Hero WeCare, these vehicles were handed over in a special ceremony organised at the Garden Factory – Hero MotoCorp’s manufacturing facility in Neemrana, Rajasthan.
These vehicles will be used by police officers to conduct active patrolling, ensuring the safety and security of women in the region of Neemrana and Behror.The Hero Glamour motorcycles and Pleasure scooters have been equipped with sirens, hazard lights, and public announcement (PA) systems, and other essential police accessories.
The vehicles were handed over to Mr. Vipin Kumar – Superintendent of Police (Acting), Rajasthan Police Department in presence of Smt. Shakuntala Rawat, Industry Minister, Government of Rajasthan by Mr. Ravi Pisipaty, Head – Plant Operations, Hero MotoCorp in the presence of other key dignitaries from the police department and senior executives from Hero MotoCorp.
Commenting on the occasion, Smt. Shakuntala Rawat, Industry Minister, Government of Rajasthan, said, “We appreciate Hero MotoCorp for collaborating with the Rajasthan Police Department in such a noble initiative. These vehicles will be used by our officers in the field in ensuring utmost safety and security of women in the city. Such initiatives encourage the police to carry out the work of law enforcement and keeping both themselves safe and the streets safer for the people.”
BharatenduKabi, Head – Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Corporate Communication, Hero MotoCorp said, “As a responsible corporate, Hero MotoCorp is at the forefront to promote road safety and women empowerment in the city and surrounding areas. Our project ‘HamariPari’ is aligned with this vision as part of our CSR projects under the umbrella platform “Hero We Care”. In the state of Rajasthan, we have multiple ongoing community initiatives, including healthcare, education, community development, family & child welfare and the environment. We deeply cherish our association with the state of Rajasthan, and we will continue to collaborate in various initiatives to further strengthen this partnership.”
HIGHLIGHTS OF HERO MOTOCORP’S CSR INITIATIVES IN THE STATE OF RAJASTHAN
- Supported 50 Covid Affected Families in Amer and Jamwaramgarh by providing grocery, education assistance to their children and livelihood set up to 42 widows
- Running Mobile Medical Vans at both Jaipur and Neemrana, providing free medical consultation, basic diagnostic tests and free medicines to around 100-150 patients on a daily basis in remote villages
- Around 70-80 Hero Asha Education centers are operational for remedial education to students in 25 primary and upper primary Govt. Schools in Jaipur and Neemrana
- Rainwater harvesting completed in two Govt. schools for water conservation
- Renovation of ponds and rejuvenation of old wells in three villages for water conservation
- Covid Response materials were provided to many govt. departments including Police, hospitals, municipalities etc. in 10 districts of Rajasthan
- Model School Development works in many Govt. Schools in Jaipur District
- Hero Green Drive in Rural Areas
- Library for youth is operational in two villages
- More than 11,000 solar street lights are operation in more than 150 Gram Panchayats of Jaipur, Alwar and Pali Districts in Rajasthan