Hero MotoCorp Ltd. launches a series of welfare projects in the state of Rajasthan
Jaipur, 25 July, 2022.
In keeping with its long-term commitment to promote environmental development, Hero MotoCorp Ltd., the world’s largest manufacturer of motorcycles and scooters, has launched a series of projects in the state of Rajasthan.
As part of the ‘Hero Green Drive’ initiative under the company’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) platform ‘Hero WeCare’, Hero MotoCorp has launched an Agro forestry project for the people of Jahota village in Amer Tehsil near Jaipur. As part of this project, more than 20,000 fruit-bearing trees will be planted and maintained for three years in partnership with 101 farmers in the village.
This project will also strive to alleviate problems arising out of unpredictable weather conditions and groundwater depletion, providing farmers with a comprehensive drip irrigation system to save water and keep plants alive under adverse conditions. Farmers will also receive training in integrated farming models to improve the quality, productivity, and profitability per unit of land, to ensure enhanced incomes.
Inaugurating the project on Sunday, Col. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, Hon’ble Member of Parliament, Jaipur-Rural, said, “Farmers are the backbone of the Indian economy, and establishing an Atmanirbhar Bharat necessitates rural development. We are extremely grateful to Hero MotoCorp for taking forward this initiative and assisting the farmers in enhancing their standard of living. This is an exemplary initiative of a corporate partnering with local authorities to promote a sustainable agriculture model and I hope this would encourage more corporates to take such favorable measures”.
Bharatendu Kabi, Head – Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Corporate Communication, Hero MotoCorp said, “As a responsible corporate citizen, Hero MotoCorp has consistently sought not only to contribute to the social and economic development of the community but also build a sustainable, evolving ecosystem. The primary objective of this project is to support the livelihoods of small and marginal farmers, and agro forestry is one of the sustainable ways of doing so for its multiple benefits. Appropriate agro forestry systems also improve the soil’s physical properties by maintaining organic matter as well as preserving the groundwater levels. We are introducing the drip-irrigation system across all planting sites; this too will help in saving water. Additionally, the produce from the fruit trees will be an additional source of income for the farmers. Our partner entities will continue to engage with them and provide training on integrated farming models.”
Col. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore also inaugurated a Public Health Center (PHC) in Chandwaji village, which has undergone extensive renovation and upgradation as part of the CSR initiative of Hero MotoCorp, ‘Hero We Care.’ The upgradation of infrastructure include: Water Proofing of the entire roof of the PHC building, Construction of Shed outside the PHC for people and vehicles, Interlocking tiles in the path way, repair of walls, door and windows, Paint work and slogan writings.
Hero MotoCorp has also constructed a check-dam in the village, which was made operational on Sunday. The check-dam is capable of holding more than 3000 cubic meters water and will benefit the villagers by recharging ground water level and providing drinking water for their livestock.
- Supported 50 Covid Affected Families in Amer and Jamwaramgarh by providing grocery, education assistance to their children and livelihood set up to 42 widows
- Running Mobile Medical Vans at both Jaipur and Neemrana, providing free medical consultation, basic diagnostic tests and free medicines to around 100-150 patients on a daily basis in remote villages
- Around 70-80 Hero Asha Education centers are operational for remedial education to students in 25 primary and upper primary Govt. Schools in Jaipur and Neemrana
- Rain water harvesting completed in two Govt. schools for water conservation
- Renovation of ponds and rejuvenation of old wells in three villages for water conservation
- Covid Response materials were provided to many govt. departments including Police, hospitals, municipalities etc. in 10 districts of Rajasthan
- Model School Development works in many Govt. Schools in Jaipur District
- Hero Green Drive in Rural Areas
- Library for youth is operational in two villages
- More than 11000 solar street lights are operation in more than 150 Gram Panchayats of Jaipur, Alwar and Pali Districts in Rajasthan