Mumbai, October 2020.
The India Network, a platform for people from across the start-up spectrum to connect, collaborate and co-create, today announced that it has inked a one-of-a-kind strategic partnership with Bay Street Diary further advancing its strategy to expand and connect with entrepreneurs and mentors across India and Canada. Bay Street Diary has been on the forefront helping businesses and entrepreneurs to succeed by sharing their abundance of knowledge accumulated from seasoned and successful entrepreneurs through video & podcast interviews, blogs and partnership opportunities. This will facilitate India Network’s belief that ‘Geography must not be a constraint for anyone to succeed and grow’.
The agreement between India Network & Bay Street Diary entails the following scope of work:
- Connecting entrepreneurs and business owners to opportunities and mentors in India and Canada
- Partnering with like-minded individuals, organizations, companies and campuses and Governments.
- Exploring and setting up specific themed incubators and accelerator programs and connect relevant folks in both countries
- Setting up an Indo-Canadian immersion program for students, entrepreneurs, investors and government folks for them to get a broad overview with specific learnings on a planned trip in limited groups
- Exploring options of helping companies and start-ups find JV partners
- Provide internships or educational trips to either of the partnership countries for entrepreneurs and students looking to explore and build on international markets
- Build an Indo-Canadian network of angel investors & mentors, enabling business owners and entrepreneurs to pitch their business plans and achievements for the purpose of raising growth capital and business development
Suneet Oberoi, Co-founder, Bay Street Diary said, “Through this JV between Bay Street Diary and India Network, we plan to open a box full of opportunities for entrepreneurs and business owners in Canada and India.”
He furthered, “Being an entrepreneur, (who is) well versed with the Indian and North American geographies, I believe there is an opportunity and potential between Canadian and Indian businesses, partnering on different fronts. This is exactly what our Joint Venture with India Network aims to achieve. We will work together in connecting like-minded entrepreneurs, businesses, investors, mentors, and in turn, create an ecosystem for the Indo-Canadian entrepreneurial community.”
Rahul Narvekar – Founder & CEO, India Network stated, “Happy to work with Suneet in building this Network on the ground in Bharat and Canada at the same time. I believe both countries can benefit from this partnership and I hope post pandemic we can take lots of young startup founders to Canada for a learning experience.”
Both parties are excited about this new partnership and the potential benefits it provides to the growing entrepreneurial community.