Bangalore, 25 May 2022.
To encourage consumers to #FlyConfidently with Malaysia Airlines and make the most of their long-haul flights, Malaysia Airlines has announced a campaign that no passenger can refuse! The airline has launched a Bonus Side Trip* campaign that allows travellers to add an extra leg to their journey from India to enjoy Malaysia’s cultural gems at a minimal cost. The offer is valid through December 31, 2022, for travel until March 31, 2023.
Commenting on the campaign, Mr. Amit Mehta, Country Manager- South Asia, Malaysia Airlines India, said, “For long-haul passengers, stopovers provide an opportunity to break up a potentially gruelling flight schedule and sample another destination along the way. From sandy beaches to highland rainforests – Malaysia offers it all. Our Bonus Side Trip campaign encourages passengers to stop over to experience Malaysia’s local culture, explore hidden gems, and Fly Malaysia to one of the seven destinations on offer: at almost no extra cost. We are confident that our impeccable hospitality, coupled with the breathtaking sites in Malaysia, will make this short stopover a memorable experience.”
To be entitled for the Bonus Side Trip, passengers must book a long-haul flight with Malaysia Airlines departing from India to one of the following destinations: Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Bangkok, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea and the United Kingdom.
Passengers will get a chance to explore one of the seven domestic getaway destinations in Malaysia as part of the Bonus Side Trip programme:
- Penang: Known as Malaysia’s food capital, Penang is famous for its mouth-watering dishes including Char Koay Teow and Laksa. Any trip to Penang should incorporate a visit to one of the bustling hawker street markets where you can experience local Malaysian delicacies at bargain prices.
- Langkawi: One of Malaysia’s best-known popular holiday destinations, Langkawi, is an archipelago of 99 islands in the Andaman Sea. Langkawi features a range of breathtaking resorts, making it a popular choice for couples seeking a romantic escape.
- Johor Bahru: Located at the tip of the Malay Peninsula, Johor Bahru offers a mix of culture and city exploration. Take a tour of Istana Besar, visit the Old Chinese Temple, walk along Jalan Tan Hiok Nee or if you need to entertain the kids, opt for Legoland Malaysia and the Angry Birds Theme Park.
- Kuala Terengganu: Boasting a beautiful gateway to tropical islands, Kuala Terengganu offers unforgettable scenery. From witnessing the Crystal Mosque, relaxing at Lang Tengah beach and visiting the coral-fringed Perhentian Islands, it’s a must-visit stop for those looking to unwind.
- Kota Bharu: As the capital state and royal seat of Kelantan, Kota Bharu is known forits traditional Malay heritage and traditions. While you’re there, go on one of its many historical and craft tours, and make a stop at Pasar Besar Siti Khadijah; one of the most famous indoor markets in Malaysia featuring the best of Kelantanese produce and crafts.
- Alor Setar: Home to the longest royal family line, Alor Setar, the capital of Kedah, is an idyllic town against an emerald backdrop of paddy plantations and plenty more to offer.
- Kuantan: One of the few seaside towns in Malaysia, Kuantan is a tourist hub with hidden gems from the modern Sultan Ahmad Shah State Mosque to Sungai Pandan Waterfalls.