Jaipur, July 31, 2020.
Raksha Bandhan, one of the most celebrated festivals in India, is just around the corner. Del Monte brings you scrumptious dishes this festive occasion to celebrate with your loved ones by staying at home. Enjoy the festival with your brother or sister and relive old times and create new memories together.
PANEER SATAY RECIPE WITH TANDOORI MAYO
- 400 Grams Cottage Cheese (Homemade Paneer)
- 4 TBSP Del Monte Tandoori Mayo
- 2 TBSP Peanuts, Coarsely Pounded
- 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Cut paneer into long slices measuring around 4”x 1”inches and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl add Del Monte Tandoori Mayo along with salt, lemon juice, some crushed peanuts and oil. Mix all together with a spoon to make a paste.
- Take paneer slices and coat them well with the prepare mayo mix from all sides.
- Place the coated paneer slices on a plate, cling wrap and marinade for minimum 30 mins before cooking.
- Heat a grill pan or a non stick pan and grease it with some oil or butter.
- Take mini bamboo skewers and insert into the paneer piece from one end.
- Place the skewers on the grill pan and grill from all sides.
- Collect the grilled paneer satay and plate them well on a serving plate.
- Sprinkle some crushed peanuts on top and serve hot with tomato ketchup or any of your favorite dip.
DEL MONTE MINT MAYONNAISE STUFFED POTATO CUTLETS
- 4 Big Potatoes
- ¼ Cup DelMonte Mint Mayonnaise
- 3 TBSP Grated Cheese
- 1 TBSP Red Chili Powder
- 1 TBSP Oregano
- 2 TBSP Coriander Leaves (Finely Chopped)
- 1 TBSP Coriander Powder
- ¾ TBSP Dry Mango Powder
- 1 TBSP Cornstarch
- Salt To Taste
- Bread Crumbs For Coating
- Oil For Deep Frying
- Boil potatoes, peel the skin and grate into a bowl.
- Add red chilli powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, coriander powder, coriander leaves, oregano, and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 teaspoon water, whisk well to ensure no lumps are present. Keep aside.
- Take a portion of the potatoes, roll into balls. Make a small hole in the middle. Spoon in Del Monte Mint Mayonnaise and then top it with grated cheese. Take another small portion of the potato mix and cover the mayonnaise stuffed potato balls. Seal well and make sure mayonnaise does not ooze out. Flatten slightly into a disc.
- Whisk the cornstarch once again, dip the cutlets in the corn starch, coat well with bread crumbs, keep aside. Repeat this for the remaining mix.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Once the oil turns hot, carefully drop a few cutlets at a time. Fry on medium heat until cutlets turn crunchy and golden brown on all sides. Remove from oil and place on kitchen paper.
- Serve hot with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
MUSHROOMS STUFFED WITH CARROTS AND DEL MONTE MINT MAYO
- 10-12 Button Mushrooms,Cleaned,Stems Removed
- ½ Carrot ,Peeled And Grated
- 2-3 TBSP Del Monte Mint Mayo and 1 TBSP Chopped Onion
- Garlic Clove Crushed
- 2-3 TBSP Roasted, Crushed Groundnuts
- ½ TBSP Crushed Black Pepper
- TBSP Del Monte Olive Oil
- Salt To Taste
- To begin making Mushrooms Stuffed with Carrots and Del Monte Mint Mayo, first preheat the oven to 190-degree celsius.
- Lightly grease a mini muffin pan or baking sheet with a few drops of oil and chop the mushroom stems.
- Now In a small pan heat the oil. Add garlic, onion and sauté for a few seconds. Add the carrots and chopped mushroom stem. Sprinkle some salt and sauté for 1 minute or until the vegetable sweat. Take it off the heat.
- Add black pepper and Del Monte Mint Mayo. Mix well.
- Using a spoon fill the mushroom caps with the carrot-mayo mixture. Sprinkle crushed groundnuts over it.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked and the filling slightly browns. You can alternatively pan fry the mushrooms using little oil.
CHERRY ETON MESS
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 TSP Lemon Juice
- 1 CUP Caster Sugar
- 1 CUP Del Monte Cherries
- 1/2 CUP Granulated Sugar
- 1 CUP Whipped Cream
- Start off by beating the egg whites along with lemon juice in an electric mixer on high speed. Keep going until the mixture doubles in volume.
- With the mixer on high speed, add the castor sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Keeping beating until stiff peaks resembling snow-capped mountains are formed. Ta-da! The mix for the meringue is ready.
- Pipe the meringue on a lined baking sheet in swirls to make meringue kisses. Bake these at 100 degrees C for an hour.
- Now it’s time to prepare the main topping. Blend the delightful Del Monte Cherries with granulated sugar and cook it in a saucepan, over medium heat. Let it cool for a while.
- Time to plate up! Take out your favourite dessert glasses, fill it with layers of whipped cream, cherries and crushed meringue kisses and serve.