Did you hear? There’s a new way to put your personality front-and-center on Tinder.
Writing the perfect bio can be nerve-wracking, and so to help members better introduce themselves to potential matches, Tinder recently released Prompts, a new in-app feature that lets members respond to questions or finish a sentence to display on their profile.
Text Prompts can be added directly to your profile, right alongside your photos. Aside from helping your profile stand out they can also serve as icebreakers. “With Text Prompts, we’re excited to give our members a way to highlight their personalities with just a few words. We hope that these will lead to more connections and conversations during a time when many of us are craving a change in routine and someone new to talk to” added a Tinder spokesperson.
How is Bangalore using Prompts? We’re glad you asked.
Tinder analysed the top 5 most adopted Prompts in Bangalore, and of all available Prompts, ‘2020 MADE ME REALISE’ had the highest adoption, signaling how much our daily lives have changed from every perspective–including how we gauge compatibility with potential matches on Tinder. “The one thing I won’t take for granted again” comes in at number 2, displaying how members’ profiles reflect this unprecedented time we’re all in together.
Here’s how it works.
1. It just takes three taps to access Text Prompts:👉 Profile icon in the top right corner of your app 👉 Add Media 👉 Text Prompt
2. Pick your fave(s): Tapthe dice in the top left of the screen to see more Prompts. Pick the one(s) that speak to you and provide a response. These will display as a photo, so when potential matches swipe through your profile, they’ll be front-and-center. Here are some of our favorites!
- I’m talking to my pet about…
- I’m finally binging 📺
3. That’s it: once you tap “Add”, your Prompt response will be added to your profile photos. You can rearrange the order of the photos, or remove them – at any time.
4. Check back 👀 New Prompts will appear as weeks go by. So if you’re looking to refresh your profile as the world dates digitally, look no further than Prompts. After all, we know we aren’t going anywhere to take new photos.
On Tinder social distancing has not meant disconnecting. Forced to stay home, browsing Tinder became a way to socialize; conversation on Tinder has been up an average of 39% and the average length of conversations is 28% longer. In India, May 3rd was the peak of this chattiness: on that day Tinder members sent an average of 60% more messages vs. the start of lockdowns in early March – above the global average. At its peak, swipe volume* among members in India was up 32%.*