Bangalore, August 6, 2020.
The Fortuner needs no introduction and to celebrate the success of this icon, Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) today launched the Limited Edition of the Sporty New Fortuner TRD in the Indian market. TKM has leveraged the heritage of Toyota Racing Development (TRD) to bring a sporty appeal to the Fortuner TRD. The Limited Edition is available in both 4×2 and 4×4 Automatic Transmission (diesel) variants in dual-tone stylish exterior, stunning dual-tone dashboard and rugged charcoal black R18 TRD alloy wheels. Bookings are open from today across the Toyota dealerships in the country.
In addition to the standard superlative features, the new Sporty New Fortuner TRD offers a range of digital high-tech optional accessories under Special Technology Package which includes state-of-the-art features like ‘Head up Display (HUD),Tyre Pressure monitor (TPMS), Digital Video Recorder (DVR), Wireless Smartphone Charger and Welcome door lamp which will further enhance comfort and style. Also, since personal safety a top priority another accessory which is first from Toyota in India is Air Ionizer.
Launched in 2009, the Toyota Fortuner has been the most-loved SUV in the country for more than a decade now and continues to the unchallenged leader in its segment. Premium features, stylish and uber-cool interiors, best-in-class safety and powerful performance have been the hallmark of the Fortuner over the years endearing it to many generations of SUV enthusiasts in the country.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Naveen Soni, Senior Vice President, Sales and Service, TKM, said, “Today, the customers demand more power, performance, safety, features and drive experience from vehicles. They are also seeking a freshness in the look and feel. With a customer-first approach and a dedicated passion for fulfilling their needs, we have introduced new products, variants and exclusive editions over the years. The Fortuner TRD Limited Edition is yet another effort to cater to the customer demands by offering more than what they seek through unparalleled and segment-leading features. An important accessory to the Fortuner TRD Limited Edition to ensure customer safety is the air ionizer owing to the concerns about the air we breathe in these challenging times. What’s more, the Fortuner TRD is truly exclusive and only limited units are being made available for SUV aficionados in the country.
We also would like to express our gratitude to the Fortuner fan base in India for giving the brand the cult status it – today, enjoys. We hope the Fortuner continues to excite and thrill more and more Indians.”
New Tough & Stylish Features
- Dual Tone Roof
- Rugged Charcoal Black R18 Alloy wheels
- 360 Panoramic View Monitor
- Auto fold ORVM
- Stunning Dual Tone Dashboard
- Illuminated scuffle plate
Reinforced power and toughness
- Power-packed 2.8L, 2755 cm3 [cc] 4-cylinder diesel engine generating maximum torque of 450 Nm @ 1600 – 2400 rpm with maximum output of 130 Kw (177 PS) @ 3400 rpm.
- Available with a 6-speed automatic transmission with sequential & paddle shift.
- Automatic Idling Stop/Start Function.
- Tough frame structure that delivers exceptional torsional & bending rigidity even in the harshest environments.
- Pitch & Bounce control.
- Suspension enhances ride comfort, through straight-line stability, controllability, handle response & advanced damping technology.
Safety & Security features
- VSC [Vehicle Stability Control] with BA [Brake Assist]
- 7 SRS Airbags
- Impact-absorbing structure with pedestrian protection support
- Front Seats: WIL Concept Seats [Whiplash Injury Lessening]
- Child Restraint System: ISOFIX + Tether Anchor on 2nd Row
- Front Row: Pretensioner + Force Limiter
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
- ABS with EBD
- Speed Auto Lock with Emergency Unlock
- Emergency Brake Signal
- Dusk Sensing Bi-Beam LED Projector Headlamps with LED DRLs
- SMART Entry and Push Start/Stop
- Illuminated Entry System – Puddle Lamps in ORVM
- Chrome Plated Door Handles and Window Beltline
- LED Rear Combination Lamps
- LED Front Fog Lamp
- Rear Fog Lamp
- Fully Automatic Power Back Door with Height Adjust Memory and Jam Protection
- Electrically Adjustable, Retractable Side Mirrors with Side Turn Indicators
- Aero-Stabilising Fins on ORVM Base and Rear Combination Lamps
Comfort & Convenience
- All Cabin wrapped in Soft Upholstery, Metallic Accents and Woodgrain-patterned Ornamentation
- Cruise control
- Eco and Power drive modes
- Large TFT Multi-Information Display
- Navigation Turn Display on MID
- Optitron Cool-Blue Combimeter with Chrome Accents and Illumination Control
- Audio, MID, Tel, Voice Recognition Switches on Steering Wheel
- Tilt & Telescopic Steering Column
- Automatic Climate Control [Dual A/C] with Auto Rear Cooler
- Touch Screen Audio with Capacitive Switches [DVD, BT, USB, Aux-in, 6 Speakers, NAVI, Remote]
- Power Back Door Access on SMART Key, Back Door and Driver Control
- 8-way Driver & Passenger Power Seat
- 2nd Row: 60:40 Split Fold, Slide, Recline & One-Touch Tumble
- 3rd Row: One-touch Easy Space-Up with Recline
- Park Assist: Back Monitor and Rear Sensors