New Delhi, July 2023.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will grace the occasion of launching multiple initiatives and releasing the 14th instalment of the PM-KISAN scheme at Sikar, Rajasthan tomorrow. The event will be organised jointly by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare and the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers and will witness the presence of esteemed dignitaries, including Union Agriculture Minister Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare and Chemicals and Fertilizers, Shri Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister of State for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Shri Kailash Choudhary, MoA&FW Secretary Shri Manoj Ahuja, MoC&F Secretary Shri Rajat Kumar Mishra and local MPs and MLAs. Around 2 Crore farmers from Rajasthan and across the country will be attending the event both physically and virtually, making it a truly monumental gathering. Notably, it will be attended by 732 Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs), 75 ICAR Institutes, 75 State Agricultural Universities, 600 PM Kisan Samriddhi Kendras, 50,000 Primary Agricultural Cooperative Societies, and 4 Lakh Common Service Centers (CSCs) from across the country.
The event highlights the following key initiatives:
- Dedicating 1,25,000 PMKSKs to the nation: The Prime Minister will dedicate 1.25 lakh PM Kisan Samriddhi Kendras to the Nation. Government is converting the retail fertilizer shops in the country into PMKSKs in a phased manner. PMKSKs will cater to a wide variety of needs of the farmers and provide agri-inputs (fertilizers, seeds, implements), testing facilities for soil, seeds, and fertilizers; generate awareness among farmers; provide information regarding various government schemes and ensure regular capacity building of retailers at block/district level outlets.
- Release of 14th instalment of PM-KISAN: The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) is one of the world’s largest Direct Benefit Transfer schemes. A flagship scheme of the Government of India, it exemplifies the continued commitment of the Government of India to initiate policy actions for an inclusive and productive agricultural sector. It is a central sector scheme launched on 24th February 2019 to supplement the financial needs of all land-holding farmers subject to certain exclusion criteria of higher income status. Financial benefit of Rs 6000/- per year in three equal instalments, every four months is transferred into the bank accounts of farmers’ families across the country through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode. As of now, benefits amounting to more than Rs 2.42 lakh crores have been provided to more than 11 crore farmers across the nation. Out of which Rs. 1.86 Lakh crores have been transferred since the lockdown due to Covid Pandemic. In the 14th instalment, over 8.5 crore farmers will receive an amount of around Rs. 17,000 crores released by the Prime Minister by click of a button on 27.07.2023. The total amount transferred to the beneficiaries since the inception of the scheme is expected to cross well over Rs 2.59 lakh crore. This financial assistance will support farmers in meeting their daily needs and contribute to their overall well-being.
- Launch of Sulphur Coated Urea (Urea Gold): The application of Sulphur Coated Urea, known as Urea Gold, will address sulphur deficiencies in the soil. This innovative fertilizer is more economical and efficient than Neem-Coated urea, ensuring improved nitrogen use efficiency, reduced consumption, and enhanced crop quality.
- Launch of 1,600 FPOs On-boarded on ONDC: The FPO initiative was launched in February 2020 with a total budget of INR 6,865 Cr to set up 10,000 new FPOs in the next 5 years. As on date 6,319 FPOs are registered (Equity Capital of Rs.188.3 Cr and 11.96 lakh farmers). The ONDC (Open Network for Digital Commerce) will witness the on boarding of 1,600 Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs). ONDC empowers FPOs with direct access to digital marketing, online payment, B2B and B2C transactions, and encourages local value addition, catalysing growth of logistics in rural areas.
- Inauguration of 5 Medical Colleges and Laying of foundation stone for 7 Medical colleges: The Prime Minister will be inaugurating 5 medical colleges in Rajasthan at Dholpur, Chittorgarh, Sirohi, Sri Ganganagar and Sikar. Besides, he will lay foundation stone for 7 more medical colleges to come up in the state.
- Inauguration of 6 Eklavya Model Residential Schools and One Kendriya Vidyalaya: The programme also includes inauguration of 6 Eklavya Model Residential schools in Rajasthan and one Kendriya Vidyalaya at Tinwari in Jodhpur District of Rajasthan by the Prime Minister.
The launch of various initiatives of Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers and Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers welfare underlines the Government’s commitment to promoting agriculture, empowering farmers, and ensuring the sustainable development of the agricultural sector. The Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare is undertaking various programs and initiatives to improve agricultural productivity, enhance farmer incomes, and ensure food security to the nation.